Search


About Me

Hello, and welcome to "Purple Fuse". Explore the life and mind of a young woman with a passion for arts, drawing, music, and much more. This is where I write about my dreams and insperation. I'm a dreamer with a strong will. ... Read more

Blogger
Home
My Profile
Follow Me!
Links
Previous Layouts







Credits

Layout created by me. The entries tagged with "my photos" contain photos taken and edited by me. Most pixel art graphics were made by unknown authors.



tiny time Wednesday, March 30, 2011 @ 10:11 AM

Sucker Punch in a nutshell by ~xxelegantbeautyxx on deviantART


I couldn't resist drawing this. If you've actually seen the movie Sucker Punch, you'll get this.

When I first watched the previews I thought this is going to be the best movie ever. Giant samurai's with machine guns? Cool fantasy land? Girl power? How can it lose! Well that's until I saw the movie. My reaction was, "...WTF?"

It's the type of movie that made my eye's orgasm but the everything else was crap. Even though the movie has empowering scenes with the girls armed with weapons in battle, the girls are objectified throughout the film. When they’re not trotting into battle, they are slapped, stabbed, pushed into walls and threatened with lobotomies, rape or forced prostitution. Their plan to escape was so sloppy and they were easily caught several times. I literally felt like yelling "YOU IDIOTS!" in the theater a few times. But The thing that annoyed me the most was their little "inspirational message" at the end. Which was:

"Who Honors those we love for the very life we live? Who sends monsters to kill us...and at the same time sings that we'll never die? Who teaches us what's real...and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend? Who chains us...and who holds the key that can set us free? It's you. You have all the weapons you need. Now fight!"

It's funny because the main character had absolutely no control over what was happening to her. And by "weapons" I'm sure they refer to the female body. Way to send a misogynistic message, Zak Snyder.



Recently added: Black Leather bow antiqued silver necklace with eyelets

Pressured
none
» Eating: Spicy chicken
» Drinking: ice tea

Labels: , ,

0 Comments
💝 Free Cookies! 💝




My Etsy



Follow me



Donate


Note:Designing editing HTML/CSS, crafts, graphics, and photos cost time, skill, and money. I would very much appreciate any donation so I can keep sharing my creativity and joy. Click here to contribute!

Sponsors